Nothing makes a home look great than adding decor inside the house and an aquarium kit is one of them. This kit fits in most rooms in the house as long you choose the right package that will keep your fish safe and also provide an excellent environment for them to live in. There are so many brands on the market for one to choose from and for beginners, the following are top ten best aquarium starter kit on the market to choose from.
1. Marineland Portrait Glass LED Aquarium Kit.
This aquarium kit is one of the best aquarium starter kit (s) just perfect for someone who does not want to keep too many fish or if your room is small in size. The design ensures that it fits in small areas of the room. It adds a touch of decor to your living room due to the LED lights which give excellent illumination at night. Other reliable features on this kit include the 3 stage back panel which is essential for filtration services and also consist of adjustable filter flow for one to choose from. One can easily access the inside part of the aquarium maybe when feeding the fish and so on because it has a sliding glass canopy on the top area for this purpose.
- It adds beauty to the entire room.
- It comes in a small size for excellent fitting in the place.
- One can easily access the inside from the top with the sliding glass.
- It comes with filtration and a filter pump.
- The aquarium has LED lights for a beautiful view.
- The tank is only ideal for small fish.
- The filter is made of poor quality since it keeps on floating on the top.
- It has high water current which may be uncomfortable for some fish.
2. Fluval Spec v Aquarium Kit.
What makes this aquarium kit stand out are the features that are equipped inside thus guaranteeing you the safety of your fish. It is large enough to fit several fish, and the size is also great for those who don’t want an aquarium kit that will take too much space in their houses. The aquarium has a total of 37 LED lighting systems which are essential for providing great illumination and can take up to 5 gallons of water. For the safety of the fish, this kit came with the foam block and activated carbon and BioMax bio rings.
- The aquarium comes in small size hence making it ideal for people with small rooms.
- It has LED lights for excellent illumination.
- This starter kit makes the room look attractive.
- It has safety features for the fish.
- Can take up a lot of water to keep the fish safe.
- It is delicate thus requires extra care when handling it.
- The filter is too strong, and therefore it is not ideal for some fish like Betta.
3.Marineland Contour Glass Aquarium Kit.
This aquarium represents both style and a beautiful home for your fish pets. The design and crafting are done using the top best and beautiful materials that help to enhance the overall look of the house. It has rail lights which adds an excellent and beautiful look plus it is easy to use the aquarium. The top area has a lid which is easy to slide open in case you want to feed the fish. It can hold up to 3 gallons of water and consist of three filtration stages to ensure the fish are in the clean environment. The aquarium kit is easy to manage especially for beginners, and it has two LED settings for both daylight and moonlight.
- It is easy to use and manage.
- Has three-stage filtration options that keep the fish clean all day long.
- It is considered to hold up to 3 gallons of water.
- Adds beauty to the entire house.
- The filter has a large current which distracts fish.
- It is not suitable for the saltwater tank.
- The glass parts are not temperate thus it should be handled gently.
4.Marina LED Aquarium Kit.
This is one of the best aquarium starter kits, and it also guarantees you extended use due to its built and the available features. It can take up to five gallons of water hence ensuring you ample space in case you want to use more fish in the future. This starter kit safe for fish due to the presence of the marina slim ten clip-on filter which comes with filter change cartridges. It is equipped with all the necessary things that you will need as the beginner.
- It is easy to use.
- Comes with a filter for the safety of the fish.
- It has a lid on the top for easy sliding in case you want to access the fish.
- Has an ample space that can accommodate up to 5 gallons of water.
- Does not come with the night light feature.
- The glass is not tempered.
- It does not come with a heater, unlike other starter kits.
5. Coralife LED Bloccube Aquarium LED.
This is another excellent and one of the best aquariums for starter kit due to the features and also the available parts that makes it easy for anyone to take care of the fish. First off, the bag fits most homes thanks to the sleek design and the LED lights which illuminates in different colors at night. It comes with an integrated 24-hour timer and three colors to choose from based on your preferred illumination. Coralife LED Bloccube Aquarium LED is also made with an inbuilt filtration which ensures the aquarium is clean for the fish. It is easy to set up and maintain the aquarium plus, and the available submersible pump does not produce annoying noises in the room.
- The aquarium kit is easy to maintain and use.
- It comes with a filter to keep the waters clean for the fish.
- There are three settings of light to select from.
- The aquarium comes with a 24-hour timer for one to choose from.
- The glass of the kit is quite delicate hence requires extra care to protect it from breaking.
- It is a bit pricey than the rest.
6.Aqueon Aquarium Fish Tank Starter Kits.
What I love about this aquarium kit for a starter is the fact that it is easy to maintain and you will not keep on changing the fish water all the time. This is possible due to the equipped features that make it possible and easy for one to maintain it for a long time. Other features that you will love on this fish tank include the LED lights which bring the beautiful and aquatic look to the entire living room. It has a 100w heater that keeps your fish pet in a pleasant environment. There is a pro filter which prevents the fish tank clean all the time, and it provides a quiet flow hence allowing you to keep it in any room of the house.
- It is ideal for the majority of tropical fish.
- It comes with a heater.
- The aquarium kit is easy to use and manage.
- It is equipped with LED lights which add a touch of beauty to the device.
- Setting up is pretty much straightforward.
- The price is high as opposed to other aquarium starter kits.
- Consumes more electricity due to the equipped heater.
- The LED lights are a bit weak.
7.Tetra 29234 Half moon aquarium kit.
If you want one of the best aquarium kits for the starter that is unique and reliable, then try out this Tetra kit. It is made in the different design, unlike other traditional aquariums. It can sit well in any room, and the top edge does not have a frame thus allowing people to have a bright and unobstructed view of the fish. The fish tank is also purely safe for your fish since it comes with a cartridge based filtration which ensures to keep the fish clean and bright for fascinating viewing of the fish.
- The aquarium has a heater to keep the fish safe.
- It is made in a unique shape.
- Accommodating relatively large fish is large.
- Comes with a filter for cleaning the fish watt.
- The aquarium is a bit delicate as it consists of glass which is not tempered.
- It requires ample storage space.
8.Penn Plax Curved Corner Glass Aquarium Kit.
This is another aquarium kit that represents styles and safety for the fish. It has bent glass design which is entirely flames hence making it look good in your house. This also allows people to have a clear view of the fish inside. It is large enough to take up to10 gallons of water thus providing you with a large room for keeping the fish. Other elegant features that make this to be among the best aquarium kit for starter include the internal filter that ensures the water is clean, and there is LED light which provides excellent illumination and excellent view at night. Plus we cannot forget the mat which is equipped at the bottom areas. The upper side has a plastic lid for easy opening of the aquarium and to ensure safety as well.
- It is durable.
- It is easy to manage.
- The aquarium looks elegant.
- Comes with a filter to keep the water all clean.
- It is designed in a unique design.
- Does not have a heater.
- The filler is a bit noisy.
- The glass part is not tempered hence requires extra care when moving it.
9. Fluval Edge Aquarium.
Another great and best aquarium kit that is ideal for starters or for people who need an easy to manage the aquarium. It comes with LED lights which provide a good view at night, and there is an easy to use filter equipped in as well. The aquarium gives excellent illumination as it consists of 7600 lumens in totals. The LED lights are fitted in three modes for one to choose their required colors. The tank can take up to 6 gallons of water. Maintenance is easy since the filter keeps the water clean for the fish hence lessening your cleaning tasks.
- It has water treatment feature to keep the water clean all the time for the fish.
- It is easy to maintain.
- Comes with LED lights for excellent illumination.
- Provides excellent lighting at night.
- The filter is quite strong thus it may kill the fish.
- The filter is too noisy.
- Some customers have complained about the motor of the device is weak.
10.Tetra 20 gallon Complete Aquarium Kit.
This is another reliable aquarium kit that will fit your small fish and at the same time make your management work to be comfortable. It has a heater which makes it suitable for the majority of the tropical fish, and it is equipped with LED lights to add beautiful illumination of the fish water from the outside. There are artificial plants that make you have a complete aquatic look on the kit, and the device is large enough to hold up to 20 gallons of water.
- It has a heater for providing the right temperatures for the fish.
- The provided heater ensures that the fish are safe.
- It has LED lights to give beautiful illumination.
- It adds a touch of beauty look in the room.
- The glass is not tempered.
- Does not have a light timer.
- The glass is quite delicate.
Having an aquarium is a wonderful way to bring nature into your home. Setting up a new aquarium is easier than it looks at first glance. The scope of gadgets and accessories on the shelves in pet stores is intimidating, but all you really need are the basics to get started. You’ll be watching fish swim gracefully by in your new aquarium in no time. So, buy one and get started.